Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weekly Challenge #3


For my third weekly challenge, I drew create an artwork using 2 non digital mediums. I was initially disappointed because I believe that my photography, and digital skills are much better than my fine art skills. However, I embraced this challenge, and I am proud of the art piece I created.

For this project, I used a combination of sharpies, colored pencils, and graphite. For this project I decided to draw a puzzle, with a bunch of different puzzles pieces. I like to think of puzzles as a way to represent our life, that we all fit in somewhere. I chose to blend the color with black and white because I feel that life can be full of color, but also has some darker areas that may not always be acknowledged. Finally I chose to put a quote on top of the puzzle because I feel it represents the art piece very well. We try to find the pieces that correctly balance the light and the dark aspects of our life, and sometimes we are successful and make a complete puzzle.
 
"Life is a giant puzzle. Everyday we struggle to find it's pieces to make it into a complete picture."

1 comment:

  1. Savannah, I love how you pushed yourself with this challenge. What a perfect quote--it is so fitting (--haha like my pun?) The creativity and poise you approached this project with is very inspiring. What a piece!
    My only recommendations would be to go into photoshop with this picture and realign it so that the lines are at 90 degree angles to the border. It's only slightly slanted, which makes the bottom right hand corner appear white. Just a slight tweek to perfect this fine masterpiece :0

    ReplyDelete